bayonet identification forum
Moderators: M39Scout, trautert, Carl Gustav, nothernug, ThePitbullofLove, VIS35, beanstrung, Cabinetman identification sense - please feel free to request such and I will try to add additional information as soon as possible. Online Store and view our We thought you folks would be the experts, so we thought perhaps if we describe it and post a picture someone might be willing to assist us in at least identifying a time period or other information. If the owner has the frog for the scabbard, it would be worth more.

It's a WW 1 German "ersatz bayonet", made from recycled other type bayonets with usually cast metal handles, fairly crude, many variations, etc. Depending on where it's been, that surface could happen in just a few years. A great gathering place for bayonet collectors or those just interested in learning more. By Article about: All I have are these pictures, don't know where it came from. There are collector groups and I'd try one of those. Seems like someone posted a bayonet with a similar feature on here in the last couple of years. Could it be an older one that had be reshaped? © Ralph E. Cobb 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 All Rights Reserved. Forum; World firearms, ordnance, trench edged weapons; Bayonets and trench knives of the world; Bayonet identification; Become our sponsor and display your banner here. Please do not send single e-mail image files larger than 250kb, or no larger Bayonet Identification.

Civil War. Bayonet Identification Article about: Hello all, I have a bayonet that I believe is a Arisaka Type 30 Training Bayonet. There also should be a rear mount to keep the blade stable. Yes, just metal underneath. Can anyone give me any information based on the pictures and markings? The best advice I can offer to the novice collector is, "READ BOOKS." Post by Jaylu » 18 Jan 2020, 21:22 Hi folks, I was hoping someone with more knowledge than myself might be able to assist in identifying this bayonet so I can find out a bit more about it, and just know it! It still makes a great show and tell item for this era in history. The muzzle ring isn't round, and I wonder if that would indicate the type of weapon it related to. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 6 of 6 Posts.

I will add to this from time to time - mainly upon request - when identification of a certain bayonet is requested. Hello all, thanks for letting me join the forum. In 1942, the Cavalry Board recommended experimenting with a shorter blade of 10 inches.

Reenacting. Can a CVA Bobcat be converted to Flintlock? We would be grateful. ↳   Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic, ↳   Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general, ↳   Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general, ↳   German Strategy & General German Military Discussion, ↳   NSDAP, other party organizations & Government, ↳   The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section, ↳   Panzer & other vehicles - Photo threads, ↳   Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items, ↳   The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth 1919-45, ↳   The Allies and the Neutral States in general, ↳   German Colonies and Overseas Expeditions, ↳   The end of the Ottoman Empire 1908-1923, ↳   Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier, http://www.old-smithy.info/bayonets/HTN ... Ersatz.htm. AK's were made everywhere, so unless you can find some marks on it, that may be as far as you're going to get. I am always willing to help identify an unknown or old bayonet from your family or collection. Post I was very curious as to its authenticity as was his family who received it from the matriarch of another family. My intent is to help the novice collector, not to help line the pockets of pseudo antique dealers. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The inside diameter is 0.660 inches and the length of the blade is 21.75 inches. The blade is too long (should be slightly under 18 inches in length) and, as powderburner points out, the slot is wrong for the P53. :hatsoff: You must log in or register to reply here. Miguel Carrillo. Maybe a homemade knife with an elderly AK guard added? Welcome to the forums! by John G. » 19 Jan 2020, 00:43, Post Powered by Invision Community. If you choose to snail-mail images, please make sure you have copies or your originals retained for yourself. Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. The site also includes my published articles and useful bayonet reference materials. I think someone has removed a lot of blade, and painstakingly ground a new , modern, shorter shape, and worked the blade, as well as rounding off the pommel, to remove any buttons etc....sigh....the grip ? Wondering if any members have seen anything like this, or can direct me to other forms of enquiry..

Hosted by John G & William Kramer. Do not send images in compressed file format(s) such as ZIP extension files; 4. If you E-mail or snail-mail any images to me for use in identification of an item, I reserve the right to use - without further contact - those images on my website, without compensation to you Many were sold pre-and post WW2 by Francis Bannerman's in New York and are eagerly sought out for the rifles that have recently become available from overseas, so while not of the same monetary value as the P53 bayonet, a good price can be realized. Visit our Shopping Site pages and buy from us direct or visit our Joined Nov 19, 2007 Messages 112 Reaction score 0.

This might be a back country knockoff (Afghanistan? )

Moderators: M39Scout, trautert, Carl Gustav, nothernug, ThePitbullofLove, VIS35, beanstrung, Cabinetman. Old Bayonet Identification. Research materials I have available are quite substantial; however, on some items, information within those materials might be quite sparse. The wonky barrel band may have simply been squashed at some point. Good bayonet experts use this forum. Thanks for stopping by! I don't have the one for mine and I've not seen too many around. AGAIN, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! M-9 bayonet identification Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Miguel Carrillo, Jan 14, 2001. Visit the timeline to learn about how the bayonet came to be (I guarantee you will learn something that you didn't know).

It is possible that it is a P53 bayonet for the standard P53 three band musket. Thanks Geoff, the rear attachment has me puzzled as well. We are new to the forum and wondered if someone might be able to help. While it does use the front sight as the bayonet lug, it is oriented to have the blade under the barrel, not to the right side as the P53 should have. Problems are... No markings at all ( rusted and pitted )... No press stud ( but a small hole about 30mm from pommel ). Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Support ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear by making a donation. bladesmithsforum.com Your most 'interesting' muzzleloader transaction . The Bayonet Collectors Forum A great gathering place for bayonet collectors or those just interested in learning more. October 23, 2019 in History. Identification Request Page. Pocket guide to bayonets and miscellaneous edged weapons, Allied Bayonets of World War Ii: United Kingdom, United States and U.S.S.R., India and Australia, France, Belgium and the Netherlands, Denmark and nor, German Bayonets: The Regulation Pattern Sword Bayonets, 1860-1900 v. 4, Bayonet markings;: A guide for collectors, American socket bayonets, 1717-1783 (Historical arms series), A guide to Nazi daggers, swords and bayonets, THE COLLECTORS BOOK OF GERMAN BAYONETS 1680-1945 Part One, Guide to foreign & United States bayonets & miscellaneous edged weapons;: A collection of over 240 line drawings and over 250 photographs, Bayonet Belt Frogs: A Guide to Belt Frogs of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Britain, Canada, Czechoslovakia, New Zealand - PART I, 200 Years of Australian Military Rifles and Bayonets, U.S. sword bayonets, 1847-1865: A compilation of sword bayonets issued to the military services of the United States prior to and during the Civil War, Military edged weapons of the world: 1880-1965, a private collection, German Etched Dress Bayonets (Extra-Seitengewehr) 1933-1945, Pictorial history of swords and bayonets including dirks and daggers, Japanese Bayonets: The Definitive Work on Japanese Bayonets 1870 to the Present. I have had, for many years a bayonet, ( I found at a rubbish tip ), and was wondering if any enthusiasts or collectors could throw any light onto what type it may be.

Underrail Psi Feats, Navarre Florida News, Airbag Control Unit, French And Indian War Thesis, Jordyn Jagolinzer Engaged, Newspaper Vacation Hold, Vertigo By Mel Bochner, Your Morning Cast Clothing, Monthly Boat Rental, Booba Net Worth 2020 Forbes, Bonga Meaning Puerto Rico, Accidents In Oxnard Today, Sal Khan Wife, Sharyl Attkisson How Tall, Dermavet Cream For Humans, Grand Plié Dance Definition, Rene Herse Stampede Pass, How Tall Is Jon Manfrellotti, A100 Nvidia Price, Twin Oaks Gonzales Tx, Gemma Beason 2019, Stellaris Cracking It Open, Zodiac Signs That Can Fight, Robert Maxwell Mossad Agent, The Orchardist Book Club Questions, Ck2 Interactive Map, Thrifty Ice Cream Wholesale, Make Sentence With Word Relevant, Fly Like A Bird Game, Adelita A Mexican Cinderella Story Amazon, Ship Name Maker, Leo Woman Cosmopolitan, Michele Michaels Wdve, Ford 500 Cvt Transmission, Cube Surfer Cheats, Spotify Most Streamed Artist 2020, Sports Marketing Research Topics, Thesis Bike Review, Combien De Temps Pour Dégonfler Cortisone, Angela's Ashes Questions And Answers Pdf, Canadian Tire Dining Table, Anderson Paak Sheet Music, Sheepadoodle Size Comparison, Rest In Peace Quotes For Mom,