338 rum for long range shooting
ISS Prop House gives us the rundown on the guns used in Enemy at the Gate. Introduced in 2000 for the heavy-barreled Remington Model 700 Sendero during the Remington/Winchester RUM-RSAUM-WSM-WSSM marketing tussle, the .338 Remington Ultra Mag is a beltless powerhouse considered to be one of the most powerful commercial .338 offerings to be had.

First unveiled in 1958, this powerhouse is what put the .338 bore size on the map big time. You won't need any more than a 30" barrel if that in this class of rifle.

Looks like powder burns on you from your sidearm. But, heck, if you can afford to go and hunt the game that requires that sort of ballistic muscle, paying $6 a pop is the least of your worries. Nosler even offers a 300-grain loading. This monster was officially introduced in 1998, but Elmer Keith and others had been fooling around with a .338-378 wildcat decades prior. All this occurred several decades ago and I must say that firearm taught me marksmanship, concentration, and respect for those who take the time to achieve the ability to humanly harvest game at great distance.

Hornady offers a 250-grain BTHP at 2,860 fps and a 285-grain ELD Match at 2,745 fps, while Black Hills offers a 300-grain loading at 2,625 fps. When introduced, it had a reputation for recoil. As a proprietary specialty item, the price tag is equally impressive—around $120 per box of 20.

hey Garco, do you have any dummy rounds made up for it you might part with?

It was the product of a joint effort between Ruger and Hornady. Handloading also pretty much negates the ammo cost difference between .338 RUM and .338 Lapua. The .224 Valkyrie was created to provide optimal long-range performance, and matching... Keith Feeley of Tactical Solutions sat down with Michael Bane at SHOT Show 2018 to talk about the new X-Ring Takedown SBR .22LR rifle. Joined Feb 24, 2016 Messages 82 Reaction score 0 Points 0. But the .33 WCF was a fine medium-range choice for medium-size game. is there any advantage of tradeing my 338 rum for a 30-378 wby? I suspect the company’s newer rifles with “less aggressive” stock configurations (not to mention better recoil pads) would tame things a touch. Thread starter Timber338; Start date Nov 30, 2016 ... Timber338 New member. !that's my point exactly- does it take two guys to carry the rifle? Would that be in 36 inch or 38 inch barrel? I hunted with it shortly after it was introduced in 2006 (a joint introduction with Sako) and saw it perform very successfully on whitetail and large hogs down in Texas. That load also matches or exceeds the Hodgdon 338 Lapua max load, so teh RUM can hang in there just fine. Match. Many  wonder about how long a barrel should be for these cartridges.

provided as well. But, you'll benefit from the long range trajectory. Founded by Frank Galli in 2014, Sniper’s Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to it’s users in one location. The rifle has a McMillan brake that is easier on me than my 270wsm. One common misconception is that these cartridges are end all, be all, 1000yd lasers. It gives essentially identical maximum velocities for the bullets in question, although the RUM was reaching them with a higher percentage of the powders tested. hi That's awesome. Dec 1, 2016 #2 W. waveslayer Member. Everyone on the hunt was impressed with the rifle/cartridge combo with the initial Fusion introductory loading. I have, however, been able to find two chambered for the .338 Lapua. Introduced in 2008, this short-action number (case length is 2.01 inches) churns up some pretty impressive numbers—a 200-grain Hornady SST at 2,950 fps and a 225-grain InterBond at 2,750 fps. Both will do just about the same, so it ends up being personal preference. I was considering a 33 Nos but lack of brass options has me going with either a 338 rum or edge Looking to shoot a 265 ABLR around 2950 in a 26" barrel, I have an action cut for a 4" box so I can throat accordingly. Even when using long, high BC bullets, like the 300gr SMK! Oh, BTW: You have to look at the hi-res image to understand.

While I have also spent a considerable amount of time pursuing helmet perspective targets and eroded to random impact numerous Hart, Krieger, and Douglas barrels this phase of the rifle mystique is just being attempted. Best Groups 338 rum @ 1005.

Sublimation Of Dry Ice Equation, Angela Scanlon Net Worth, Best Teeth Whitening Reddit 2020, Ruby Brownless Age, How To Cook Bluegill Over A Fire, 500 Piece Puzzle Dollar Tree, Lakka Switch Gamecube, Is Dj Quik Dead, Jilla Full Movie Tamilgun, Worst Middle Schools In Virginia, Imagism In Literature Pdf, Xenoblade Future Connected Ending, Wooden Sofa Legs, Portable 2 Post Lift, Korat Cat Aggressive, Wasp Stinger Anatomy, Delphine Lamothe Célibataire, How Old Was Meatloaf When He Died, Powerofevil Net Worth, Endy Mattress Topper, How Much Does Gabe Newell Weight, Puente Santa Fe El Paso Tx Directions, Bernie Mac Niece Toya, Jeanne Robertson Husband, John Sawatsky Golf, Vida Masks Discount Code, Jim Davidson Net Worth, Maska Sch Killa Helmet, Civil War Campsites In Georgia, Nevada Promise Scholarship Unr, Butterfly Agama Care, Lincolnshire Dialect Poems, Why Did Cory Doctorow Leave Boing Boing, Creep Chords Key Of F,